Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Procurement of Direct Materials

HI All,

I'm trying to configure my system for procurement of direct materials,request to clarify me of the key settings required in contrast to procurement of indirect materials in self service procurement scenario + extended classic scenario.In CCM call structure when we flag do not check products in srm,how does the systems works and for this is it not required to replicate products from R/3.

Thanks and Regards,

Sathya kumar.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Sathya,

The process is fool proof in the sense that you can either order it as direct or indirect.

If you Order it as direct then the Account assignment field /tab gets disabled otherwise you have to enter the account assignment with out that the shopping cart can not be created.

Even if you order shopping cart as indirect that means with cost center / any other account assignment, you can order the P.O as direct while creating the P.O using Process P.O tab during carry out sourcing.

The main difference between the direct and indirect procurement is in case of direct you use valuation class for valuation and in case of indirect you use cost center/ WBS / Asset code for valuation.The purpose here is everything you buy should get valuated.

And you don't get this "Order as direct material" option when you use product categories with free text (description). Only materials can be valuated not product categories. So you have to use account assignment while using product categories.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question