cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With Sales Document Type in BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing an Issue with Sales Document Type(Object name is 0DOC_TYPE).

when i am loading data from R/3 to BW It is converting Sales Document type as follow

Sales Document Type in R/3 Sales Document Type in BW

-

-

OR TA

CR G2

DR L2

I check with an ABAPer and he told that there is conversion exit for this Object so that's why it is converting when sending to BW. But the user wants to see in Report same as it is in R/3 like OR, CR DR ... etc.

I have done some investigation and found that the conversion exit (CONVERSION_EXIT_AUART_INPUT and CONVERSION_EXIT_AUART_OUTPUT) are converting the values based in the table TAUUM

The staructure of TAUUM is

MANDT(Client) SPRAS(Language) AUART(Sales document type (not converted) AUART_SPR(Language key for sales document type)

and values are

100 E TA OR

100 E G2 CR

etc....

The same Conversion exits(CONVERSION_EXIT_AUART_INPUT and CONVERSION_EXIT_AUART_OUTPUT) and table TAUUM are available in BW as well. So i thought I can Use InfoObject 0DOC_TYPE by changing it's conversion Routine as AUART(which runs based on the above mentioned conversion exits).

but the the problem is table TAUUM(Pool Table) does't have any data in BW.

So can anyone tell me is there any option to load data into table TAUUM from R/3 or any other option to solve this issue.

Your ideas will really help's me.

Thanks in advance,

Dara.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dara,

You don't disturb the tabl ein BW until you analyze the effect across the system. You can include another IO and map the same sales doc type with no conversion exit. This should be easy.. I think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.

The InfoObject 0DOC_TYPE was without conversion exit by default. but when data coming from R/3 it is converting and sending to BW So that's why i am planning to use conversion exit "AUART" in the info Object.

I checked data in R/3 using RSA3 it is showing sales document type as "OR" and for the same transaction data when i checked in PSA it is showing as "TA".

Could you please let me know if there any other options.

Thanks in advance,

Dara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dara,

The conversion exit is in BW right? Well, if it is at IO level you can delete the conversion exit. It will fetch dat as it is in R/3. Just checkout teh possibilities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The conversion exit is in both R/3 and BW.

The conversion exit in R/3 Converting value from "OR" to "TA" and then sending to BW. So i want use Conversion Routine "AUART" which i am thinking it will convert back from "TA" to "OR".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why u want to convert the data from OR to TA and again convert it back? you can simply remove the conversion exit at R/3 and BW so that values will be posted as it is from R/3 to BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAI,

Thanks a lot for your prompt Reply. But

First thing is i spoke to ABAPer and he said it is not possible to take out as it is an automated process by SAP.

Second thing is they want "Description" as well in the Report.

So If i loaded as OR into BW and it won't have any decription as masterdata object 0DOC_TYPE maintaining TA Only.

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

use this

data : auart like vbak-auart.

auart = 'TA'.

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERSION_EXIT_AUART_INPUT'

EXPORTING

input = auart

IMPORTING

OUTPUT = auart.

write:/ auart.

reverse it with 'CONVERSION_EXIT_AUART_OUTPUT'

if your requi., is similar or make changes acc., to u

Message was edited by:

hari kv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

This not for only One value but for more values.

where do you want me to write this?

In R/3 or BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain entries in TAUUM table at BW side and in infoobject level u need to selct the conversion routine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

Does any one find solutions for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can download all the document types from R/3 and upload them into BW. Your ABAPer can help you with that.

Then you can use the above mentioned FM in your transformations or use Conversion exit or you can write a simple routine to lookup the table.

Cheers

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does any one know answer for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dara,

Maintain a Z-Table or z-infoobject in BW with attributes like the TAUNM table and create all enteries exactly like R/3 in this table. For this you can also create a generic datasource and load this Infoobject.

Write a transfer routine for 0DOC_TYPE and ask ABAPers to call this table/Infoobject and replace the values again in BW.

Also you may have to Load the text for these Sales Doc Type (converted one) in BW again, using CSV file or manual entry, and i dont think sales doc type

Thanks

CK

dexr_soepriyadi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I exactly has the same problem, but i use much more "support friendly" approach.

I wrote following document, and i hope it may resolve your problem as well. It requires both ABAP + BW skill

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a024407c-0d57-2e10-2392-ec0e7e02f157