cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of Planning profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

Can anybody pl tell me what is the significance of planning profile?

I am getting an error saying maintain planning profile for the material during creation of PIR.

regards,

Pramod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can someone pls guide me on this quickly!!!

Thanks,

Deepak Prasanna S

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the same question, you can use the transaction code MDP6 to maintain the planning profile and assign the charateristic for the configurable material. After that, you can create planned independent requirement successfully.

Above all is only for the reference.

George shi

Edited by: george shi on Feb 19, 2008 8:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since I'm facing a similar problem I wish to continue in the same thread. Where do we maintain the planning profile for the material? Can somebody let know of the field where it is populated or t-code?

Thanks and regards,

Deepak Prasanna S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAve you assigned any planning startegy for the material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am dealing with Configurable material.

I have assigned Planning strategy 40 for the material.

I tried creating the profile in MDPH,but not possible.

Gurus I want to know why is it required?

Regards,

Pramod.G

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

As you know, we use configurable material when the scope for varaints are more. Generally, when we created sales order for the configurable material, we choose different characteristics for the selection of the finished product. So, information flows to production which is already configured. But in the case of MTS, the system does`nt configure the material on its own. Initially, you need to configure for the material, only then your dependent requirements will be defined. So, whenever you enter PIR, the requirements are created for the materials that are configured in the planning profile. Hope you got the point cleared.

Reward if cleared and close the thread.

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I think you`re trying to create PIR for the configurable material. Coz of this system prompting for the planning profile. For this purpose, the planning tables must be created in Demand Management. Also, Define the combination value keys.

Enter characteristics for use in planning profiles.

Reward if cleared and close the thread.