Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add IO into the cube.

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i need to add IO into the cube, but what are the precuation we need to consider before adding IO into the cube.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u need history data for that IO ?

Is it just that ur enhancing a cube which was just built?

As already said look at Remodelling if ur on Netweaver 7.0

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/58/85e5414f070640e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

If ur on 3.X n u need history data for that IO as well, then u need delete n reload all data.

Let us know abt more wot ur trying to acheive so u'll be directed in a better way.

Aummad
Participant
0 Kudos

my question is related to precaution, what should i consider before adding the io.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Precautions/<b>Prereqs</b>

How will u populate the data for that new IO..do u have it in d extractor or is it to be enhanced ?

Do u need the history load for that IO or just the deltas will do ?

There are no so called precautions its more of ur needs n how d same can be accomplished !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Precautions are

1. As a precaution, make a back-up of your data before you start remodeling.

2 .Before you start remodeling, make sure:

a. You have stopped any process chains that run periodically and affect the corresponding InfoProvider. Do not restart these process chains until remodeling is finished.

b. There is enough available tablespace on the database.

3. After remodeling, check which BI objects that are connected to the InfoProvider (transformation rules, MultiProviders, queries and so on) have been deactivated. You have to reactivate these objects manually

Hope it Helps

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Just ensure you are placing it in correct Dimension.

If you are in BI 7.0 use Remodelling, to add the New object , it is convinient.

Please look at the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/06/28/remodelingToolinBI7.0&

Thanks

CK

Added Links

Chitrarth Kastwar