Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/P - Performance Issues with Program RBDAPP01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

program RBDAPP01 - This effects us for the Employee Vendor update from People soft - Inbound CREMAS messages.

The performance of the function module is extremely slow and causing a delay to employee vendors being updated with the correct information.

I have checked in the posting Program (Custum Inboind function module) no select query taking time.

Can u suggest me where i can investigate to find the causing of performance issues.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can check the program in this way

in this you will find out where exactly the problem is

load on ABAP program or DATABASE or SYSTEM

depending up on you can check the code

<b>Run time analysis transaction SE30</b>

In Transaction SE30, fill in the transaction name or the program name which needs to be analyzed for performance tuning.

For our case, let this be “ZABAP_PERF_TUNING”

After giving the required inputs to the program, execute it. After the final output list has been displayed, PRESS the “BACK” button.

On the original SE30 screen, now click on “ANALYZE” button.

The percentage across each of the areas ABAP/ Database/System shows the percentage of total time used for those areas and load on these areas while running the program . The lesser the database load faster the program runs.

<b>OR</b>

<b>SQL Trace – ST05</b>

Starting the Trace:

To analyze a trace file, do the following:

Choose the menu path Test &#61614; Performance Trace in the ABAP Workbench or go to Transaction ST05. The initial screen of the test tool appears. In the lower part of the screen, the status of the Performance Trace is displayed. This provides you with information as to whether any of the Performance Traces are switched on and the users for which they are enabled. It also tells you which user has switched the trace on.

Using the selection buttons provided, set which trace functions you wish to have switched on (SWL trace, enqueue trace, RFC trace, table buffer trace).

If you want to switch on the trace under your user name, choose Trace on. If you want to pass on values for one or several filter criteria, choose Trace with Filter. Typical filter criteria are: the name of the user, transaction name, process name, and program name.

Now run the program to be analyzed.

Stopping the Trace:

To deactivate the trace:

Choose Test &#61614;Performance Trace in the ABAP Workbench. The initial screen of the test tool appears. It contains a status line displaying the traces that are active, the users for whom they are active, and the user who activated them.

Select the trace functions that you want to switch off.

Choose Deactivate Trace. If you started the trace yourself, you can now switch it off immediately. If the performance trace was started by a different user, a confirmation prompt appears before deactivation-

Analyzing a Sample trace data:

PREPARE: Prepares the OPEN statement for use and determines the access method.

OPEN: Opens the cursor and specifies the selection result by filling the selection fields with concrete values.

FETCH: Moves the cursor through the dataset created by the OPEN operation. The array size displayed beside the fetch data means that the system can transfer a maximum package size of 392 records at one time into the buffered area.

<b>Reward if usefull</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a number of performance related notes for this program. Have you checked them?

rob

0 Kudos

can u tell me in details what performances we have to check for this program..

0 Kudos

It's a standard SAP program. If you can't determine which notes to apply, open an OSS message. They will tell you which notes are applicable.

Rob

0 Kudos

i have checked the related OSS note 547253, but in the program RBDAPP01 is already adopted waht ever the (code) solution is mentiond in that particular OSS notes.

0 Kudos

Well, there are lots of other notes that are far newer. Look for one that isn't in your system (based on release and support pack level).

Rob

0 Kudos

547253 is the latest not that i have find, can you provide me is there any other newer OSS note.

Thanks