cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused Wage Types and Org Units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are preparing for an Upgrade to ECC6, for which the unsed master data and Transactional data is intially being sorted out. I'm struck with two queries:

1. How can we know if an Org. Unit is being used or unused in a system, I only know the active and inactive Personnel Areas/Subareas in the system. I've tried HRP1000 report, it only gives us a list of the objects.

2.Similarly, unused wagetypes. I've been trying the wage type reporter in order to check the unused wage types in the system. Is there any other alternative to know if the wage types in the system are being used or unused?

Will be glad if you could help me with your thougts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleti

You may do as follows:

1) For Org units you can have various options a) write a single bespoke report covering all your paarmeters b) Use of adhoc query with some manipulations c) Download HRP 1000 for O and use report S_AHR_61016527 with structure conditions with O_S_P compare the output of these with HRP 1000 download. To be on the safer side also use report with evaluation path for A003 so that you do not miss any vacant or unoccupied positions.

2) Along with Wage type reporter please check the wage type utilization report (PC00_M99_DLGA20 ) so that you can identify where the wage types are used. As you may have some wage types within the schema for some purpose and you don't want to delete those

Period selection is very important in all these reports.

Regards

UR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UR,

I appreciate your reply. the report RPDLGA20 lists the usage of wage types in the whole of the payroll run and sorting the unsed from the used which is quite a tedious task, is there any other alternative for sorting the unused wagetypes from the system. Moreover I have to take into consideration of the previous payroll reports as well.

With the Org units, could you gimme a some more hints on the "structure conditions" if possible from the c) option you have mentioned.

Regards,

Aleti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UR ..I've run the wage type utilisation test (RPDLGA20) for some of the invalid wage types and I've observed that the wage types are in use as from the output. However on running the same wage types using the wage type reporter (PC00_M99_CWTR0)(checking with the past 7 yrs payroll results) I've observed that none of these wage types are shown in the output results. Does this mean that these wage types are not being used and could be seperated???.

Could you please suggest.

Regards,

Aleti

Message was edited by:

aleti reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please note that your wage type reporter (PC00_M99_CWTR0) gives only those Wage types from RT & WPBP and the wage type utilization report (RPDLGA20) would give all the wage types both primary & technical. Hence its quite possible that wage type utilization would show additional wage types. The additional wage types could be used somewhere to do the processing or temporary storage of information, although it does not show in the wage type utilization. For the wage types you are doubtful run through the rules in the schema to see if they are used.

regards

UR