cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-mapping with message bundling but without using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to bunch specific no. of records (say 50) from source message and create separate target messages for those bunches. For example, if the source message has 120 records, then there should be three separate target messages created containing 50, 50 and 20 records each.

I am wondering whether this multi-mapping is possible without using BPM, as the typical no. of records in the source message are in the range of 600 to 800, and rarely (twice or thrice a month) they shoot up to 2000. So my concern is whether BPM would affect the performance. We are using PI at SP12.

Regards,

- Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

what is the source system?if its an IDOC ,then u can use the technique mentioned in the below blog

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply.. Well the sender is a file system, which sends a single XML file containing multiple records. (I mean I have a sender file adapter that polls periodically from a specific path and picks up the file when it is available)

The no. of records in the source file may be different in each run. The requirement on the receiver system is that it can handle a file which has maximum of 'n' records only (say 50 in my example)

Now the sender file can contain any no. of records. It may contain 10 on some day, or 200 the next day, or 120 on the third day. But on the receiver side, I want the files to be created such that each will contain AT MAX 50 records.

So, if source file has <=50 records, then there will be only 1 target file having the same no. of records.

If source file has between 51 to 100 records, then there will be two target files. One will have 50 records, and the second will have remaining records.

And so on..

Regards,

- Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I think this is what your exactly looking for..

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I had seen the blog which you mentioned, but I believe it presents a slightly different case and it differs from my requirement in two ways.

First, the example in the blog specifies the fixed 2 target messages, which will be always created. In my case I have only 1 message type (although it's occurence would be 0..unbounded)

Secondly, it looks like in the blog's example, for each source record, a separate target message is created. i.e. it does NOT bunch a specific no. of source records together, as I want.

Pls correct me if I am missing something.

Regards,

- Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just specify the number of messages under the <i>Recordsets per Message</i> parameter in the sender file communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilesh.. I think the blog you gave solves my problem.

Thanks to others also for your helpful responses. Will try them too.

Regards,

- Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

now I got your requirement,the above suggestion by me might not work for your case.if you have target files with different struuctures then only the above blog works.

and in your case ,you can use a parameter available in File adapter "Record sets per Message" = 50 ,set like this,but this is supported in NFS only,not in FTP I think.

for sure the above set parameter creates target file not more that 50 records,if more than >50 records then devides according to that as you require. and,if source file has records less than 50 then still creates target file just one file.

its just like file to file scenario but you have to set the above mentioned param and only in NFS.

Babu Sri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

yes,its feasible withouit BPM and provided you don't have IDOC/HTTP adapters.

but I have question about your ex "For example, if the source message has 120 records, then there should be three separate target messages created containing 50, 50 and 20 records each"

I think may be you need to generate three target message structures from just one source structure,right?

if you can eleborate your requirement then ,I may be able to suggest you.

mean while go through this thread,best thread for multi mapping without BPM.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Babu sri