cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two interfaces to SAP (Company Z)

Company X(Online Order Management) - COmpany Y(SAP) - Company Z(Warehouse Management)

There will document flowing in and out of SAP to these interfaces.

Does DTW have this functionality? if yes can you explain the step by step procedure to map and transfer data to the specified destinations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kreddy,

The DTW does data import at a batch level. This meaning that you have many records or a single record in a flat file and you run the DTW to import these records into SAP Business One. The DTW does have a "scheduler" feature where you can execute an import into Business One on a predefined schedule.

This is also one way, DTW imports data into Business One. It does not push data out to any other system including R/3.

If you are looking at integrating data between SAP Business One and R/3, you should look at the SAP Business One Integration for SAP NetWeaver (B1i) product as this is what the product was designed to do. You should look at the DTW documentation as well as the B1i documentation to get detailed information and steps.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not trying to integrate SAP B1 and SAP R/3.

I have interfaces to which i need to send data to/from.

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kreddy,

As stated, the DTW is for integration of data from an outside source INTO Business One, but not out of. Other than that, you may want to use the SDK and write a program to do the integration or look at a third party product to integrate Business One and other external systems.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a standard program to send out sales orders out from SAP B1 to another system?

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kreddy,

It depends what that other system is. There are none from SAP Business One as it depends on what format the other system expects. If the other system is looking for a flat file, you could use the Business One PLD to create a report in the format that you want and then print the report. You have the ability in Business One to send data such as a Sales Order to MS Word or MS Excel and in 2007A a PDF. Other than that, again, you would need to look at creating this via code of looking at a third Party system such as iBolt from Magic Software.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable reply.

you said we could send data to excel. But can 1 excel file contain multiple sales order information. If yes how is that done?

once i export data to a excel file how do i send it to the other system?

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kreddy,

The ability to send data to Excel is a function of SAP Business One and is an icon on the Business One tool bar. When you print a report for example, the Excel icon is Business One becomes available. You should review the SAP Business One Help Documentation on this.

As far as how you send this to another system, that is up to you to do with a custom program or a third party product as how they would treat the Excel file and what format the external system needs.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be sending it as a flat file eddy.do i need to convert excel to a flat file? how is this flat file sent to the other system?

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kreddy,

I have no way of knowing how your file will get to the other system. Once you get it into Excel, if this is what you will use, you have to set the format for your external system. SAP Business One will not send anything to an external system without intervention by you.

Eddy