cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message status isn't transported from Adapter Engine to Integration server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have developed XI scenario which transports data from IDOC (received from R/3 system) to Oracle database. I use JDBC adapter for working with Oracle.

Transaction SXMB_MONI has column "Ack. status". If I tries to send message via XI to my Oracle system then I have status "Acknowledgment not possible" in this column. It occurs only if message successfully transported to Oracle system via adapter engine.

But if I tries to simulate error on Oracle system, then I have status "Still awaiting acknowledgment" in "Ack. status" column of transaction SXMB_MONI. Adapter engine should sends error status to Integration engine, but don't do it.

In result I have messages with "Still awaiting acknowledgment" on XI system and IDOC's with status 03 on SAP R/3 system. I want to transport error status from XI Adapter engine to Integration engine and SAP R/3 system.

How to do it?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Eugeny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I donot think so because the ALEAUDIT messages are triggered back to sender system once they are successfully posted to XI.We might be able achieve it using BPM .

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish...

Since you do not do any sender configuration in XI for Idoc,they get posted into XI due to configuration done in the sender for posting.How are you making Idoc adapter inactive?Can you be clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravya,

I am deactivating the target file adapter not Idoc.

My question is can i send the acknowledgement back to sender when Adapter engine process the message without using BPM.

Regards,

Satish

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you should be able to capture ack using ccBPM between idoc and jdbc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDoc acknowledgements are only possible between SAP systems, if you are working SAP -> XI -> non SAP system, create a record in IDXNOALE table for that IDoc type, to turn off the acknowledgement, since it is not possible to send the acknowledgement.

regards

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that Adapter engine never sends any error statuses to Integration engine. It is very strange fact.

In result XI works as a "black hole" for SAP R/3 system when R/3 sends IDOC to non-SAP system. Remote non-SAP system can send acknowledgement to SAP R/3 (which should be mappend to ALEAUD IDOC and transported to R/3).

But if error occurs in JDBC Adapter (for example incorrect SQL statement) then I have not possibility to send any error status to SAP R/3 system. In result I will have IDOC which always has status 03.

It is true?

Message was edited by: Eugeny Balakhonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Asynchronous scenarios, Integration Engine pushes the message to the Adapter Engine, if successfull it will send an acknowledgement to SAP system(source syatem) that message is posted succesfully, and unfortunately it doesnot check whether Adapter Engine has pushed the message to the target system or even it doesnot check whether Adapter is up or not.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this pdf:

How to handle acnowledgements for idocs

regards

Priyanka