cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Extraction to ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a custom master data table in ECC. We have created a generic extractor on this table and it loads to an ODS object. The generic extractor is not enabled for delta capability. The load to the ODS is a "FULL Update" load that runs every night. The problem that we have is that there are more entries in the ODS than in the ECC master data table. I have checked the 0RECORDMODE column in the ODS. I found that there are some entries that have status 'N' in the 0RECORDMODE column and these entries are not found in the ECC table. I am wondering if this is due to the generic extractor not being delta enabled?. Please help me troubleshoot this issue further as I am not sure how to proceed. This is really high priority as this is affecting our planning users.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could have more entries in your ods than ECC table because the key in your ods should match as the key in your master data table in ECC. If the key doesn't match, then ODS overwrite functionality won't work but instead it creates a new record for it.

And also check if you have any ROCANCEL field is mapped to 0RECORDMODE, if yes, can you check if in PSA if ROCNCEL is getting filled up. 0RECORDMODE is getting the N for new records, when the record is not getting overwritten because of the key difference.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wond. I will check the key issue. Right now in the Transfer Rules 0RECORDMODE is not mapped to ROCANCEL as it is not available to map. I did look at this and I was not sure if it was not available in my datasource because the generic extractor is not delta enabled or ???. Also do I need to modify my generic extractor to make it delta capable. Please give me any feedback you can regarding this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me clarify a few things regarding the extra entries in the ODS. If there are records that have been modified/changed in the ECC table then the record exists in the ODS in BW with the current status.There are 2 records in the Change Log Table of the ODS. One record with "X" (Before-Image) in the 0RECORDMODE column and 2nd record with " " (After-Image) in the 0RECORDMODE column . The After Image is what is there in the Active data table of the ODS. But if a record has been deleted from the ECC table then the Change Log Table of the ODS still has this record with "N" (New Image) and is also still present in the Active data table of the ODS thus creating additional entires. Also the ODS is updated nightly on a "Full" update mode basis without deleting previous load and so I was wondering if this is due the extractor not being delta enabled.