cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing inconsistency due to incorrect transport sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need you expert help to resolve the situation described below.

We have two development systems where the customizing is run in parallel. One system is considered to be the main one, while the other one should have the same customizing plus some extra modules (SAP Retail in our case). To align two systems on the main configuration we setup a transport synchronisation process which means that we import transport requests from the mail development system into another development system and the synchronisation functionality decides whether the transport should go in.

What happened was that our consultant has been recording all FI-AA customizing into one single transport request. Once this was released our basis team tried to import that transport request into the second development system but for some reason it did not go in. They decided to split the transport into several ones without thinking about the right sequence of objects and then they attempted to import those smaller transport requests. As far as I understood some of them went in but then they faced an issue that prevent from importing any further requests for FI-AA. As a result we have some absolutely inconsistent customizing: lots of missing table entries, entries in dependent tables exist while main tables have no records at all. In some cases the system does not allow to delete the entries manually giving an error message. I believe that this happened due to incorrect sequence of transport requests. Some dependent entries went in while the other master settings are missing. For example, we have accounts assigned to the objects that do not exist at all. System does let us delete such entries.

If you happen to face the similar situation before please advise the best way forward. Any guiding will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest first you revert back with changes, Consider and reimport the previous transport request and once the previous request is moved, then you move the current transport requests in sequence as you require, You can take the help of yoru Basis consultant and also Abap consultant. In the program go to the version maintenance where you get the list of all transport requests.

hope this helps. Pls assing points if helpful

regards,

radhika