cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing inconsistency due to incorrect transport sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need you expert help to resolve the situation described below.

We have two development systems where the customizing is run in parallel. One system is considered to be the main one, while the other one should have the same customizing plus some extra modules (SAP Retail in our case). To align two systems on the main configuration we setup a transport synchronisation process which means that we import transport requests from the mail development system into another development system and the synchronisation functionality decides whether the transport should go in.

What happened was that our consultant has been recording all FI-AA customizing into one single transport request. Once this was released our basis team tried to import that transport request into the second development system but for some reason it did not go in. They decided to split the transport into several ones without thinking about the right sequence of objects and then they attempted to import those smaller transport requests. As far as I understood some of them went in but then they faced an issue that prevent from importing any further requests for FI-AA. As a result we have some absolutely inconsistent customizing: lots of missing table entries, entries in dependent tables exist while main tables have no records at all. In some cases the system does not allow to delete the entries manually giving an error message. I believe that this happened due to incorrect sequence of transport requests. Some dependent entries went in while the other master settings are missing. For example, we have accounts assigned to the objects that do not exist at all. System does let us delete such entries.

If you happen to face the similar situation before please advise the best way forward. Any guiding will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the looks of it Roman, you either end up losing the IS customizing you have done right now, or make some extra work for the functional consultant.

I think being a BASIS guy, you would prefer the latter hehe.

Although, here are some other suggestions..

Have you tried importing these individual Change requests from the OS level using tp commands?

If I am not mistaken, you have certain import modes you can look into for that.. i'l try and get you a link

If I remember correctly, you can overwrite AND ignore table related classifications using import modes at OS level commands.

Here I found it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3d/ad5b334ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Shantanu

Message was edited by:

Shantanu Sardeshmukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check how the transports were performed as I did not do this by myself.

Thank you for the valuable hints. I will come back to you with the details tomorrow.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers mate.

Hope things get sorted out

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my above understanding is correct, then there is a tedious solution to this.

You can reset all the FI-AA customizing changes that you have made in your 1st DEV box and save THIS activity under separate Change Requests. If you impor these in the second DEV box, they will bring back your 2nd DEV box to its original state. (however do expect a lot of Error Code 4 messages since tp will be deletnig some entries from the DB)

Once you find the system consistent, rerecord the FI-AA changes that were originally required once more but this time, do it under separate Change Requests plz.

This is all I have got right now

Hope this helps,

Award points if useful.

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

the customizing for FI-AA was done in the source development system only and we tried to import it into the destination development system.

I like the idea of the "delete" transport. The concern is that the original system is in the integration test phase already so full deletion of FI-AA customizing there would be tricky (if not possible).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roman,

If I understand correctly, the customizing for the IS happens only in the second Dev system. And the synchronization is to decide wether the FI-AA and other customizing, which takes place in the main DEV box still passes the unit testing, with the IS customizing in place aswell.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roman,

The best solution is to some import that main transport into the second system. What issues are you facing while the single original transport. This splitting thing should have never occured.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

yes I agree this splitting should have never occured but it has happened already. I will clarify the issues tomorrow but the situation is already there and the system does not let to import new transports with these objects, we cannot delete entries manually or via the customizing. There is always an error message.

We are trying to find out if there is a program that could cleanup all the FI-AA customizing in the destination system so we can start over. Installing the new client is not going to work as there is too much Retail customizing done already.

Therefore any hints will be helpful.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roman,

In the original transport how many tables/views are we talking about?

Regards.

Ruchit.