cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable message box which when hover over a value or text in a Web report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have a requirement where the enduser doesnt want the message box or tooltip to appear when hover over a text or a value in a web report.

For example:

when hover over a value eyfigure in a web report, it displays a message or tooltip <b>Context menu for 100</b>. How to disable this message from appearing when hovered over a value.

I really appreciate help in this regard.

• Points will be assigned*****

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Please go to the design of exception good medium bad given range over there, do u r analysis, hope u will get the answer.

Regards,

Siddhardh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Not sure whether this is what you want but if you turn off all options on the Context menu (set them to No Display) this wont happen. However, you rule out BW functionality from the Context menu if you do this.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gill,

I have tried all the options in the Context menu but that doesn't solve this issue.

trying this options and disabling, instead of <b>context menu 100</b>

i was getting <b>100</b>. The real issue is we have some exceptions in our reports.

When we place mouse over a value with exception (say bad), a message

<b>Context menu for 100 Exception: Bad 6</b>, the user doesn't want Bad 6 their.

he either wants to remove bad 6 or replace it with some text <b>Fair</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

If you disable the table properties 'Objects with navigation' it will remove any mouse over comment, but that too has it's drawbacks.

You could put a legend on your report that has a value range of 100 - 200 and a label that says Fair?

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gill,

I have already tried that option of unselecting object with navigation box.

That disables entries in context menu and if we have exceptions or conditions it does not allow to create new exceptions but still the text <b>100 Exception: Good 1</b> appears when mouse arrow is placed over the value.

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Peter, can't be of help so.

Regards

Gill