cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having materials whose material numbers are internally assigned. I have loaded the materials using RMDATIND.

Now I need to extend them to certain plants....How will I find the Material numbers ,so that I can put in the spreadsheet and extend them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get list of materials with numbers in MM60, Otherwise you can pull from table MARC using SE16.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I am using LSMW and in the spreadhseet, we dont have material numbers populated as they are internally assigned...

The problem is when I extend the material to the plants, how will I find the right material number ?

we are having old material numbers in the spreadsheet, but they are not unique?

any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not use same LSMW for extending to another plant. You need create new LSMW for extension.

You can download materials from MARA table against old material number too.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is the old material numbers are not unique, so i have 4 material numbers with same old material number......

now how will i know the right material number from MARA table so that I can extend it to different plants?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But new material number will have only one old material number in the MARA table. Enter all old material numbers and pull SAP numbers from MARA table. If same old number is there for more than one SAP number, it will pull.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

just wondering, is it good to have duplicate old material numbers in the spreadsheet?

and also Srinivas, why do I need to use a separate LSMW for extending to plants?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you are extendin to new plant, you need not have old material numbers. To get exsiting numbers from SAP, I suggested you to use old number to pull SAP number.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas:

I am using the select statement to retrieve the material number from mara based on the old material number.....

so, in my case i am getting 5 material numbers with same old material number....

now how do i put that in LSMW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know how to use LSMW?

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I do....I have always worked with material numbers populated in the spreadsheet, but not with empty material numbers in the spreadsheet, where you have to retreive the value from the tables.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think something is confusing from your side.

what I understood is you need to extend materials to another plant. for that you have to down load materials from MARA table using old material number. Once you get all SAP material numbers, you have to create LSMW and use same program and extend.

If I didnt get, please explain in detail again..

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas:

Do I need to download the materials based on the old material number in a spreadsheet and paste the data in the Material plants extension spreasheet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, when you want to extended materials to new plant, you need to have same (SAP Material numbers) in spradsheet.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is the problem......

we do not want to generate the material number in the spreadsheet for extending the plants......

so in LSMW for MATNR field, write a select statement and retrieve the material number based on the old material number, if it is unique.....

the problem is the old material numbers are not unique in mara.......

any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

has anyone worked with internal number material assignment?

if yes, then do you always manually popluate the material numbers in the spreadsheet for extending them to plants?