cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to login to content administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to login to the content administrator to maintain JCO destinations. I can login to Visual Administrator and System Information etc., but not Content Administrator. It doesn't tell me the authentication failed, it just goes to a blank login screen again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Login with fully qualified domain name

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

When I use my login ID with the fully qualified domain name it tells me "User authentication failed". When I just use my login name without fully qualified domain name it goes directly back to a blank login screen.

Regards,

Rick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem has been resolved. See the last reply.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very clear with your scenario, can explain it more? are you trying logon to portal? is it logging in properly?have you assigned content admin role to your user?

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Please see the last reply for a better understanding. I can login to the portal with my ID or the Administrator ID. I am unable to login to the Content Administrator to maintain JCO Destinations.

Regards,

Rick

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to go to maintain JCOs from loggin into the portal --> content admin

--> webdynpro --> JCO

Is it working?

Also check if Webdynpro Workset at content admin --> content provided bt SAP

> Admin content -> content administrator> worksets --> Webdynpro is there and assigned to content admin role and is working fine.

Regards,

Ameya

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing your portal password and login

Regards

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who replied. I have awarded points to everyone. I found out the cause of the problem (self inflicted).

I regenerated the SAPLogonTicketKeypair in the Visual Administrator -> Key Storage area as it was going to expire (2 year default). I mistyped it as SAPLOGONTicketKeypair. Since it is case sensitive, it would not allow me to login any longer. At least, that is what appeared to correct the issue as it is now working after I made that correction.

Thanks again for your input.

Regards,

Rick

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Login with fully qualified domain name.intially we also faced same problem

if this not solved ur problem try login with Administrator

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am using Administrator user id for maintaining JCO Destinations. I login to the URL http://servername.fqdn:50000 -> Webdynpro -> Content Administration. Then, input the username Administrator and password, click login and it just goes back to a blank login screen.

I am able to use the Administrator login id to go to the same URL and then System Information and that works. I am also able to use the same user id and password to login to Visual Administrator.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick