Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Passing Control Limits into SPC Charts

I've got an SPC chart that I'd like to pass upper and lower control limts and a mean into.

My query has a date field, a value field and three fields for the above named LCL, Mean, and UCL.

On the Ext Mapping tab, I've got my LCL field mapped to 'Lower CL Column', Mean mapped to 'Target Column' and UCL mapped to 'Upper CL Column'

I'm using Auto Scaling, I've got 'Show Control Limiits' checked and 'Calculate Control Limits' unchecked.

When I display the graph I get a dashed control limit line along the X-axis. The 'Raw data detail' shows good data coming in. The 'Upper chart data points' shows good numbers for the position and value columns - the LCL, CL and UCL columns show a square box for each data point.

Any ideas?

Former Member
replied

Dave,

The problem was with the way the Control Limits were mapped in the Ext Mapping Tab. Take a look at this Display Template:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><iSPCChart AttributeColumns="FormattedDate" ChartName="ING_011" DateFormat="MM/yyyy" IDColumns="ProdDate" LegendBackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" LowerCalculateControlLimits="true" LowerShowSpecificationLimits="false" LowerShowTicks="false" MainBackgroundColor="#FFFFCC" SaveDate="10/10/2007 13:26:58" ShowCommentFlag="true" ShowLimitTransitions="true" ShowMouseTracking="false" ShowTimeControl="false" Title="Chlorine Production Versus Benchmark" TitleColor="#0000CC" TitleFontSize="16" UpperCLColumn="Mean" UpperCenterlineColor="#0000CC" UpperChartBackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" UpperControlLimitColor="#CC0000" UpperControlLimitParam.2="[CHARTNAME]" UpperLCLColumn="LCL" UpperLineColor="#006600" UpperMarkerColor="#006600" UpperShowSpecificationLimits="false" UpperUCLColumn="UCL" UpperWEControlLimitAlarmEnabled="true" ValueColumns="ProdVsBenchmark" Version="11.5.3" XAxisLabelAttribute="FormattedDate" XAxisLabelColor="#0000CC" XAxisLabelDepth="2" YAxisLabelColor="#0000CC" YAxisNumberFormat="0" YAxisTicksPerLabel="2"/>

Basically the limits were not set for control only but one in upper chart control, one in lower chart control and one in Upper Chart Spec.... You'll see what I mean when you look at the mapping. Hope this helps.

-Sam

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question