Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a PO using me21n, it gave me doc number. Now i'm trying to release it using me28, but systesm is displaying a msg 'No suitable purchasing documents found'?

What is this error, should i need to something before the release?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check that the PO created falls in the release code that you mentioned on the selection screen of ME28.

I would suggest why don't you use ME29N to release the PO. It is very easy and you can release the PO at all levels on the same screen.

Regards,

Shahu

0 Kudos

Shahu,

Ok i'm using me29n, but how to release from here?

- If workflow is implemented, should it go to somebody's sap inbox, n he will approve from there or all the steps will be performed on me29n?

- If so, How to change the name of approver???

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Me29n is the direct transaction from where you can release the PO.

Following things happen when workflow is implemented.

When the PO gets created, the approvers at each level maintained in the release strategy workflow config in SPRO at:

MM --> Purchasing --> Purchase order --> Release procedure for Purchase orders --> Define release procedure for purchase orders --> Workflow.

Here if User is assigned to at each level, he would be the approver for that level. So the name of the approver that you find in ME29N is one that is mentioned here.

So when PO gets created say of A1 release level, the workflow item it would go to the approver that has been assigned to this level in this config. When the approver clicks on the workitem, ME29N transaction is envoked and from there he releases the PO.

This is how the flow is.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Shahu