cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Heirarchies and Expansions through DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to Import Hierarchies and Expansions Price Lists through the Data Transfer Workbench? Please let me know the best way to import these, I don't want to have to enter 2,000 manually.

Thanks,

Sarah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarah,

I also need to import hierarchies into SBO. My first thoughts were the DTW but i was unable to find a way to import them, not even with the Special Prices Template. All the relevant data like Whs's and BP's are in the system already. I have finally given up on the DTW. Have you or any1 else comeup with a solution to this import requirement or have managed to import data into Hierarchies and Expansions?

Thanks

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could import price using item_prices template and for hierarchy, try to use special price templates. The table is ospp. Check the table using query analyzer : select * from ospp after you try manually first to define H & E, and if success (there have been data in ospp), then use special price template (I use this in DTW 2004A).

Rgds,

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to confirm that special prices in SAP B1 2005A DTW template has the same name with SAP B1 2004A DTW template. So, let me know if you need further assistance.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I don't think the item, warehouse info, and item_prices templates will work.

I need something exactly like the Special Prices and Special Prices Quantity templates, but the problem with this is that these prices only apply to one Business Partner.

I need a template that applies to all business partners with the effect of: if anyone orders 10 item1's the price is 3$ per item1, if anyone orders 50 item1's the price is 2$ per item1, etc.

I'm using the SAP B1 2005A DTW and the template names were as you said.

Thanks for your help!

Sarah

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarah,

I suggested to use item, warehouse info and item prices templates because you would not be able to perform hierarchy and expansion either manually or automatic using DTW if the 3 components are nto available in the master data yet. I am sure you have had the data. Sorry to make you confused.

As about special prices and special prices quantities templates from DTW, if it can't resolve, I think there is no other template. In the special prices, there are 2 another templates that can be used or not. anyway, you see the ospp table, you actually have seen the business partners column is also available. Moreover about it, you can find info from SDK help files.

IF you need fast, and it still can't resolve, you could discuss with SAP support, I also have experienced the same things. Maybe they could give suggestion. I will try replicate your problem in home. Currently I am on vacation.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarah,

I found a way in order to import H & E applying for all Business Partners.

You can import H & E for all Business Partners by filling the CardCode column with the value '*1' (without quotes)

Hope it helps

Rgds,

JR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone having trouble with importing Item Special Prices with DTW:

The main issue that many people have is that they're unaware you have to import all three DTW files at once to update the tables in SBO.

For Example:

To import item quantity pricing into Period & Volume Discounts (previously Hierarchies and Expansions), you have to import the oSpecialPrices header file, and both the oSpecialPricesDataAreas and oSpecialPricesQuantityAreas file.

To import the quantity pricing for a price list, set the CardCode to *1 to use Price List 1, or *2 for price list to, and so on. (This means you have to do one price list at a time, because this is set on the header file)

Then you need to have the Data Areas file with just the RecordKey, LineNum, and FromDate. This is necessary to create the Data Area that the Quantity Pricing is part of. (This is exemplified in how you get to Quantity Areas in SBO, you open the Period Discount window then double click the row again to get to the Quantity Area for that item within that price list, within that Period Discount.

Then you need the Quantity Area spreadsheet filled out with just RecordKey, LineNum, Currency, Quantity, and Price.

I have successfully imported Quantity based pricing this way many times.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still having problems. I am loading all three files and the card code is set to *1. However the *1 comes up as "no matching record found". Any suggestions?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarah,

As far as I know I do not think there is DTW template for this. I will check on any other possibilities and come back

Suda