cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to see JAVA engine in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know normally that u will see three nodes, but I cannot even see these three nodes. I see N/A in my J2ee engine in the J2EE perspective in NWDS. I filled in the right message host and port in window->preferences-> J2ee engine.. My JAVA engine SP and the NWDS version are different , My NWDS version is higher than JAVA engine version ..will that be a problem .. Do i have to do any other settings apart form setting the message serve and the port in the Windows --> Preferences ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you enter host name entry in the host file ? if not go to Run -> drivers /etc/, open host file using notepad and enter the hostname

e.g. 162.25.0.1 <hostname> <hostname>.<domain name>

You can test this host entry by ping <hostname> in command prompt

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your J2EE engine is up and running... It must have been went down.

You can quickly check this by accessing

http://<servername>:<portname>/index.html and you should see a welcome page for the web application server.

Thanks!

Surya.

Message was edited by:

V. Surya

Message was edited by:

V. Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I have checked my JAVA engine and it is up and running ..i am only worried about the versions.. my NWDS version is higer than my JAVA engine version (SP) .. will that be a problem .. do i need to add any values in the HOST file in the system32 folder.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the version should not be a problem atleast to see the J2EE engine. Have you given the server name or the ip address. If you have used the server name, make sure it is fully qualified host name(hostaname.domainname.com). Also goto your command prompt and execute the command "ping <servername>" and see if it pings. Also make sure that you have given the right message port(3601 or 3901). You can find the message server port in the system information details or ask your basis person.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also see that your firewall setting might not have blocked you to see that server in your NWDS.

Regards,

Murtuza