cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read info directly from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,s

I have this requirement in which the user wants to see a report, where he can see the online inventory from R3

They want to see it as it is appearing on that moment in R3 and not from the data source in BW

is that possible? please help me out :S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Area you en BW 7? If so, you can try using real time data adquisition (link on previous post).

If you are on BW 3.5 you can use a remote cube, the performance of the report will be affected, but you will see online information.

Another option could be to create the reporte in the R/3 system and then create a report-to-report interface to get to it.

I hope any of this helps.

g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, im trying to get the inventory, so i think i have to use the data source 2lis_03_bf, and that one does not have the real time indicator enabled. If I create the remote cube, how do I do that? is the info going to come from that same data source? or directly from the tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo, im using bw 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best option would be to give an RRI or URL or whatever that lets them run the R/3 report itself.

BW isn't meant to be an online kind of application, and no matter what you try it is going to be a convoluted solution to give such a report in BW.

Having said this, if you do really want to give inventory positions in BW

- Find appropriate view in R/3 which has inventory (do a where-used in SE11 for MARD table and check view or logical-DBs) info

- Build a datasource on such view

- Build a remote cube on top of this datasource (2LIS_03_BF contains movements, not balances)

- Use this remote cube

It is hard to comprehend why user would want to see this in BW (and not in R/3).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Ajay Das, it would be better to analyze why you need this on BW and not in R/3. But if you still need an online report, follow this steps to create a remote cube:

1. Create infosource

2. Assign datasource (create transfer rules)

3. Right-click infosoruce and select "Create SAP remote InfoCube"

Hope this helps,

g.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, the data source should support remote access; if so, then try RDA in BI 7.0 or remote cube. Report from remote cube will not be encouraging.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

or are there any work arounds for this requirement?? please help me!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about RDA..nt sure if it really helps bt jst have a luk at it if u misd :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/52/777e403566c65de10000000a155106/content.htm