cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap in middle when layouting 2 matrix containers side by side

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a transparent container with 2 ViewContainerUIElements in which I placed child views.

The transparent container has matrix layout, the 2 ViewContainerUIElements have the attribute layoutdata = MatrixData.

Why is the child view inside the left ViewContainerUIElement left aligned, but the view in the right ViewContainerUIElement right aligned automatically? That means the screen is filled from the left and the right with a huge gap in between. How can I change the behavior so that the screen is filled from the left?

This behavior is not limited to ViewContainerUIElement, but seems to be the same when using other controls.

I assume that the view in the right ViewContainerUIElement is right-aligned, but can not be sure because I cannot see the boundaries of the container element and the view controls. In the description of the MatrixLayout control I found an attribute DebugMode which shows the cell borders when set to true, but I don't know how to use this control.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine, thanks, it works. Do you know about the DebugMode attribute to see the cell boundaries?

Josef

P.S. Don't wonder about the mixing of names, my colleague and me wrote the question together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is "debugMode" really part of the API? I doubt that.

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the description from the document "SAP Unified Rendering Control Guidelines", which lists in section 3.1 the layout controls, e.g. MatrixLayout. But I don't know how to use them. Are these real controls?

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set "stretchedHorizontally" = false for the MatrixLayout of the container.

Armin