Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Depreciation area 10 and 11

Hi

I am suppose to implement the depreciation area 10 and 11 for my my client. Dep area 01 is active since last 7 years. At present they do the dereciation under 10/11 manually. There are most of the I have assigned dep area 10 and 11 in most of the assets. Can some one explain me the steps what I should do to implement dep area 10 and 11 ? what program I have to run and it will nice if you can mention briefly the function of program. How to generate the depreciation for 10 and 11. Where prgram AFAB fits into depreciation area 10 and 11 as I don't see any field for option to select dep area. I know it's lot of questions but feel free to write as much as you can write and enjoy.

Thanks

Satya

Former Member replied

Hi Satya,

Remember that the new depreciation areas will not be avaialble in the old assets (Assets created before the new area added). To add these areas to the old assets also run T Code AFBN, give the new areas and execute. The system addes these 2 areas in all the old assets under the particular COD.

To see whether the values are populating in the new areas, create a new asset, post an acq and check the values in the aw01n.

Regards

Sridhar

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question