cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query based Approval Procedure setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a basic approval procedure on a PO that works fine when I have it set to occur all of the time. I can't get it to work when I change the template term to When the following applies. I select my query in the bottom grid and in the top grid I have term set to Undefined type the ratio Undefined type and nothing in the Value field. Is that correct?

I have tried using different queries even one that just returns a value to try and force an approval to happen. It always lets me put in my PO like the approval procedure isn't there.

Thoughts???

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jared,

THIS IS JUST FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE

I believe you are aware of the point system. If you posted a Question and someone replies to it you can reward them with points. This is how it works

If you designated your thread as a question and are satisfied with one or more of the responses received, you may award points according to the following scheme.

Designation Point Value Awards of this Type Allowed

Solved My Problem 10 1

Very Helpful 6 1

Helpful 2 Unlimited

To award points, go to your user profile and select the relevant thread from the list of Recent Messages. Click on the hyperlinked title. You will be directed to a page that shows all the responses to your original post.

Click on the star icon next to the response for which you wish to reward points. A popup window will appear. Use the radio buttons to mark a response "Solved My Problem," "Very Helpful," or "Helpful."

You are allowed to grant only one 10 point "Solved My Problem" award and one six point "Very Helpful" award, so evaluate all the replies carefully. You may designate an unlimited number of two point "Helpful" awards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jared,

The return value of the Approval Process Query should be either TRUE or FALSE. I see in your query you are returning the value '70' which will not work.

SELECT DISTINCT 'TRUE' WHERE $[$39.8.NUMBER] > $[$39.U_POopen.NUMBER] and $[$3.0.0]='S'

Also when using a user field you need not use the .NUMBER, you can simply use $[$39.U_POopen]

I see that you are trying this on a Service PO.

Please use the above query and it should work.

Suda

Message was edited by:

Suda Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that worked great.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The steps you are stating seems to be Correct. It could be something to do with the query perhaps...

Would it possible for you to paste your Approval Query and let me take a look

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the real query I want to use

SELECT N'70' WHERE $[$39.8.NUMBER] > $[$39.U_POopen.NUMBER] and $[$3.0.0]='S'

I hadn't fine tuned the select statement yet because I wanted to see if process worked

Once I had problems with that query I tried this very simple one with no improvement

SELECT N'1' as TEST

Does you select statement need to be something specific?