Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation using table maintenence generator events.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a table maintenence generator within which I have written an event 'at_newentry' with event code as 05.

The event has to do a validation to check whether value is present in field B if there is value in field A.The validation is showing a message initially if the condition is not satisfied and makes it possible to entyer the required value in field B.

If after the initial message is shown,no value is entered in field B for value in field A,then the data gets saved successfully without showing any message.

My requirement is,the data should not get saved till value is entered in field B if there is data in field A.How to achieve this?

Tanweer,you had told me regarding coding in PAI of the screen without requiring the access key.Can you please explain me how to write the code in PAI using ON VALUE-REQUEST without requiring the access key.I tried but I have not been successful.

regards

Debansu

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use 01 event instead of 05. 05 is triggered only when you add a new entry. So once you get the message and you still go ahead and press save, 05 event will no tbe triggered. It is is always safe to do it at the end when you click on save.