Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to activate workflow for a simple dialog

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have simple custom dialog with just 5 fields (of from just 1 table) the last field being "approval flag" not displayed on the screen.

when "requestor" executes trasaction to enter request and click on save, I would like to generate a workflow mail to one of the predefined 6 agents depending on the key values entered on this screen.

Agent then should be able to approve or reject the request from his inbox. if "approved", the flag in the table should be checked. if "rejected", it should generate a mail back to "requestor" to make necessary changes.

at high-level, could anybody please suggest what exactly should I do to make this whole stuff working. AM I SUPPOSED TO CREATE A CUSTOM BUSINESS OBJECT. WHAT IS THE PROCESS? IS IT EASY?

Here is what I am thinking.

1. when "requestor commits data from custom screen, use the message number to trigger the work-flow mail. - WHERE SHOULD I STORE THESE AGENTS EMAILID'S? HOW DO I TRIGGER MAIL TO AGENT DEPENDING ON THE KEY VALUES?

2. Agent will receive mail and then clicks on "approve" or "reject". WHAT SHOULD I DO TO reset/check THE APPROVAL FLAG IN THE TABLE?

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Rgds

Kasi

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Check this link..

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/Workflow.htm

It would be very helpful for u !!

Regards,

Sai Ramesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Check this link..

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/Workflow.htm

It would be very helpful for u !!

Regards,

Sai Ramesh

0 Kudos

this is of no help.

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

I did it myself. thanks very much. I think I posted in the wrong category.