cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12 : Problem generating page (-1) Cannot assign a zero-length byte...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm working with xMII 12 and I found the following problem when I was trying to execute a Xacute Query:

Problem generating page (-1) Cannot assign a zero-length byte array to host variable 2.

My Xacute query has 27 parameters, I don't know if this can be a problem(shouldn't) but I really have no idea of what can be the problem.

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro sena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pedro,

Since not many people have experience with 12.0 since it is not GA yet. Your best bet would be to enter this case in the SAP support for 12.0 ramp up this way we can take a look at your transactions and have a proper response if it is bug related. If you post this on the forum it will not get properly entered into the system.

This is in regards to all 12.0 questions/concerns/bugs. If you are dealing with 12.0 which means you have access to the Ramp up program enter all issues through CSS to they can be properly looked at.

Thanks,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I work at Neoris that is a SAP Partner, we have access to ramp up, but I never used it, i would appreciate a link or something like it.

Thanks.

Pedro Sena

0 Kudos

Pedro,

It's good to see you active on the SDN, as a general rule of thumb you shouldn't need more than 15 input parameters to a transaction but that doesn't mean that in your specific case you don't. Also, it should be able to handle up to 32 without any problem. As as a suggestion there is a "StringListToXML" action block that will allow you to pass a comma separated string of values into the editor. This is commonly done to limit the number of parameters required.

As for your issue, which version of 12 are you using....12.0.0? What else is going on in the page? Is it a JSP, HTML, IRPT? How are you calling the transaction?

Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I'm using xMII 12.0.1, I was calling my transaction from a simple html page, but I found an EOFException, so I typed all the parameters in my Xacute Query and remade the test, than I got the error that I exposed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam ,

Just so everybody knows,we are on 12.0.1 now and have a scenario where I have 20 Input params to an Xacute query and it works smooth. Infact I need to add another 3 there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I solved the problem.

I got a SQL Query that need some parameters and I was not assigning this parameters from Transaction Input Parameters to SQL Query Parameters.

The message that I got doesn't helped much, but now the problem is solved.

Thanks everybody.

Answers (0)