cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a technical Consultant. I have worked on SAP R/3 but have no experience in SAP B1.

Right now i am involved in integration project.

I have question on interface mapping. what is the procedure for doing that. what are the file formats i have to know.

How are the flat files sent to the interface? Is their a program which does that?

Please help me out with this. Thanks a ton!

Message was edited by:

Darius Heydarian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the link for iBolt, it certainly can be very helpful for your situation

<a href="http://www.magicsoftware.com/bin/en.jsp?enPage=InnerPage&enDisplay=view&enDispWhat=Zone&enDispWho=tech_t_ise&enZone=tech_t_ise&enretain=branch">iBOLT Special Edition</a>

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

our client is not intrested in spending money on one more software. Is there a way out?

For imports as you said i can use DTW for exporting data is there a standard program?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is B1 integration technology that will integrate data from R/3 to SBO. It is not DTW. Read the manual file relates to DTW and R3. you can't use DTW.

IF R/3 can export in txt format file, you must develop addon interface. you could use examples in this folder : C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples

Rgds,

former_member184708
Participant
0 Kudos

iBOLT can work with non SAP databases with no problems but of course you are paying for this, however it does allow you to design logical flow structures including auto emails for example if you wish to notify someone that a PO has been raised in another company.

DTW could be used to pick up data from a file which has already been created and import into SBO but it cannot pull data from the original company.

My suggestion first of all is to review the Magic Software website and look for the iBOLT for SAP Business One - we use this on a number of sites with success

former_member184708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you looked at the iBOLT Third Party Software from Magic Software? This will accomplish what you want. Also what Version is this - can you use the B1i Tool? Otherwise you will have to use the DI and SDK - and you should wait until you are off the Evaluation Version and on to a live Demo or Devpt Version of the software.

Rgds

Marilyn

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quick answer would be if Company X AND Company Z are not running SAP B1 you would need to use SDK tools to build the interface.

That apart I have a few questions on your scenario

What Applications are Company X AND Company Z using?

If they are not using SAP B1, are they running on SQL Server?

Are they group companies of Company Y or other outside companies?

Please give me a detailed scenario so that I could help further

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Company X and Y are not running SAP B1

Company X is an eCommerce System which does online order management.

Company Z does warehouse management. They dont use SAP.

When you say SDK tools how exactly is the interfacing done? Can DTW be used for data transfer between these systems.?

I can send you the information flow if you send me your id.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a couple of ways data can be brought in to SAP Business One.

1. Through Data Transfer Workbench (DTW), this is tool which comes with the SBO and the files are in Excel format (CSV or TAB delimited). The files can be imported using this tool.

2. Another way is to import data through the Administration > Data Import/Export option with the SBO application.

3. As it seems in your case, you will probably be doing it through SDK code using the DI API.

See some of these notes

<a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/78597555-0e01-0010-6799-df7b1cbf5966">R/3 Configuration</a>

Also, try to post this message in Expert Forums » SAP Business One » SAP Business One Integration Technology and you could get some really good step by step procedures

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sampath,

I will explain to you my project scenario.

Comapny X (Online order Management)<---> Company Y (SAP B1) <----> Company Z(Warehouse Management)

Lets say if Company Y has to send all the Sales orders how are we going to do it?

Like where do i map our fields to the fields of Company Z ? How do i send the flat file ?

Right now i just have the evaluation version of SAP B1....Do i need SDK to do all this? Please help me with this am totally confused.