cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre implementation audits

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is implementing SAP ECC 6.0 in stages with the first being FICO and Purchasing. We are interviewing firms to perform "Pre-Implementation Audits" to make sure it is done right before we go live. Any thoughts on the Dallas Texas firms providing this service?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know SAP provides such as service at each stage of a project (stemming from the days of the ASAP roadmap). They will pretty much do a check of "here is what we are trying to do so will it work" kind of thing. Also, they will do a nice pre-go live audit...which I have seen do wonders for performance/tuning in portal related projects. Keep in mind, SAP's will be more of a technical audit...ie. they will check what you are doing based on the standard capabilities of the PRODUCT. This will not be an audit of your processes and their "soundness"....though, Marilyn and the BPX crew might have some ideas (new things available ???) to add to this that I have not heard of nor seen yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I believe an SAP audit of sorts is somewhere on the plan, but as you say, technical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Judith,

For the security part, I can also recommend the <a href="http://service.sap.com/SOS">SAP Security Optimization Service</a> which takes between 1 day for a remote check, and up to 2 weeks for on-site and more in-depth analysis.

Kind regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I was not aware of this service. Next time I post a question I will <b><removed by moderator></b>.

Message was edited by: Julius Bussche

Small tip: Do not mention "points" at the moment. It is a touchy subject. Take a look at some of the forums...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome. And welcome to SDN too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implemetation partner or even SAP also provides such services such as Early watch(not sure what it is called now).If you have a SAP account manager then,he could be the right person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information. I will look into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never heard of a pre-implemntation audit, and I'm not really sure what there'd be to audit before you start doing anything. Blueprints always work...

> My company is implementing SAP ECC 6.0 in stages with the first being FICO > and Purchasing.

Ask them if they think that's a good idea, if they say yes run a mile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw a proposal from a consultancy firm for a high street retailler with 400 stores which consisted of "Put SAP in and turn it on" 😛 Needless to say they neither went with the Big Bang approach nor the consultancy 😛

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I believe we are wanting to have an independent assessment that things should work as planned as well as have the authorizations and roles reviewed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I'll bet you are talking about an implementation partner. Glad we are not doing the Big Bang!