Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel sheet download

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i need to shedule a report in back ground which has to download a excel sheet

on my presentation server i know we cannot get it directly.

if we have done it to application layer how can we get it to presentation layer

can we code it in same report which is sheduled in backgrund r we need to do another code

plz help i got struct at this point

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot download Excel to the presentation server when u run the report in the background.

You will have to get the file downloaded from the Application server manually to your presentation server.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot download Excel to the presentation server when u run the report in the background.

You will have to get the file downloaded from the Application server manually to your presentation server.

0 Kudos

my report gets excuted every week so wat should (manually) i do so that i can get excel sheet

0 Kudos

hi,

you can download the report by using normal FMs before which you have to use OPEN DATASET command to read it from application server into an internal table.

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Regards,

Sachin

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

0 Kudos

i need to download to prestation layer

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do manually use the transaction code CG3Y and CG3Z to transfer the file from the Application server to presentation server or vice a versa.

Alternatively do a FTP command in your program.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the file to the application server as a comma separated or a tab delimited file.

For downloading it manually, use the transaction AL11 and navigate to the path you downloaded the file into and from there you need to save it as an Excel.

Or another solution is, you can write a program which reads the file from the application server and downloads it to the presentation server as Excel.

0 Kudos

thanks nazim,

u said second option to write a code to download from application layer to presentation layer can u give bit code for that

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just search for the "GUI_DOWNLOAD" in the forums and you will get lots of examples for this.

You will not have much difference from using the CG3Y of CG3Z transactions or writing the program as you will have to run the program in the <b>foreground</b> only to download the file.

I cannot give you the code now as I do not have access to SAP right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i dont want any one to watch my thread which is answered how can set it