cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap proxy - developer key

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I log into XI ABAP stack and try to create a ABAP program in SE38, I able to do it with the given developer key.

But if I run SPROXY in XI and try to create a ABAP proxy system says my developer key is invalid.

What am I missing? Do I need to grant any privileges ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every sap system for development you need development key and you need enter this only first time for development / user id.

Now As you said you are able to generate ABAP program in XI ABAP stack..because development key was generated for that sap installation number.

Can you check if you have same installation number for your XI ABAP stack and R/3 system where you are generating proxy. ( Remember you are generating proxy's in different sap r/3 system...not in same) You can check your system installation number by system-->status after login into abap stack.

If you have different installation number then you need to generate new developer access key for your user id for r/3 system where you are generating proxys.

Hope this will help.

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the response.

It is actually asking for object key. Are you referring to the object key.

Why is it asking for object key when I generate a proxy? Is it considered as SAP object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you trying to modify existing standard sap object or program?

If so then it will ask you for object key..remeber while generating proxys it will ask you for prefix...your prefix shd start with "z" or "y".

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silly me Yes the prefix was the issue.

Thanks a lot guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

He he...np!! All of us do lot of silly mistakes :)..

thanks for points!!

Nilesh

Message was edited by:

Nilesh Kshirsagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr XI_Ted,

You need a developer key per SAP system id.

Cheers

Colin.