cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate difference between dates - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a begin date and end date for a facility which is constant for one week. I have start date which changes during the week.

Eg. Begin Date Start Date End Date

10/07/2007 - 10/07/2007 10/13/2007

10/08/2007

10/09/2007 etc till end of the week.

So records will have constant begin date and end date and changing start dates. I want the difference of the last start date entered with the begin date. I have tried the formula variables where I can get the difference between the begin date and each start date. But this is only possible when I drilldown based on my begin date and start date or else they are 'X'. When I do this drilldown there are bunch of these extra records which I dont want to show. I have to finally use this to divide another key figure.

Is there someway I can get this difference during run time when the user enters start date.

Thanks,

Kal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you on 7.0?

If yes, you can define a CKF for your formula with exception aggregation MAX with reference char end date.

This should give you what you look for even when you do not have these date fields in the drill down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on 3.5. So you think we cannot do it on 3.5 or is there someway we can still achieve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to your CKF-->properties. In the popup you will see a button 'Enhance' press it. Here you may have an option of defining the same exception aggregation.

Depending on your CKF definition, this option may or may not be there. If it is not, then you can't use this method.

You can also write a excel formula or macro, am not sure if there is any other way.

Answers (0)