cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Master Data when its Nav. Attributes are Used in Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation which I wonder if any of you have solved it.

It's master data SSN, which contains attributes like Names, addresses of an individual, etc.

On queries where we do not want users to see SSN, but they can see names and addresses, I was able to do that by setting the property of SSN (which appears in the Navigational Block without me coding for it because its attributes were used) to not display, so that users <u>cannot</u> drill down on SSN.

However, there is still a little hole, that is you can still Right click at SSN in the Nav. Block and you will see a list of SSNs displayed. I do not know how to turn off that feature. I have tried the Microsoft Excel way to Protect the Worksheet, but then, the query cannot be refreshed in that case.

At the moment, we look for a cheap and easy way to get around this situation because we need to release these reports soon.

If any of you have solved this situation before or have any lights, I'd appreciate it to hear back from you.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I undersstood, correctly, simple you need report on Address and names ( attributes of SSN) but you donot want to allow to display SSN in any case. So Make these attributes as navigational attributes and enable them at the cube , so that you can create report only with Address and names.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

once you set 'No display' to SSN, users will not able able to drilldown and will not able to see SSN values as well.Check it out again. We are in BW 3.5 and i have just tried this. I have taken a char in Free chars along with copule of attributes and set 'no display' to parent char. then i am not getting parent char in drill down/across. and only attributes are displayed. after removing 'no display', i could see parent char values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on which version of BI (tools) are you on?

If you use the 7.0 tools, you can go into the properties of the navigation block and remove SSN from display...

Ciao

Joke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're on BW 3.5. Thanks.