cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro issue while running in the background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

<b>Case 1:</b> Selection of aggregation level (only 9AMATNR)

When we run a Macro in the background (with an aggregation level of only 9AMATNR), the results for the Macro are looking good at the product level (for e.g. product for all locations, regions, states)

But after running the Macro in the background and when we are in interactive planning and choosing a selection (E.g. product@location) gives inconsistent results.

If we directly run the macro in the interactive planning at detail level (E.g. product@location) gives correct value

<b>Case 2:</b> (Selection of aggregation level (9AMATNR, 9ALOCNO, ZLSDMA, ZLSSTATE, ZLSREG)

But the macro results are inconsistent through out when we select the aggregation level (9ALOCNO, ZLSDMA, ZLSREG, ZLSSTATE) and run the Macro in the background.

I have already gone through the note 412429 and it is not helping me. Can someone please give some suggestions and thier thoughts.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe I misunderstood this. In Case 1 you have mentioned the aggregation level as Product only for bkground job and you are trying to see the results at Product Location level. This is bound to be inconsistent. You would have to check the results just at Product level or keep the aggregation level to be Product and Location. Again in case 2, you have to drill down to the level at which you have run the job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your response and I understood your logic, but in either case 1 or case 2, can we do something related to key figures (Aggregation/Disaggregation), so that though I run the Macro in background at product level, I can drill down to detail other levels with consistent results.

Venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the macro builder when you define the macro, is it set to run at a specific level or all planning Objects? Usually the default is all planning objects. One can run the macros in background at very specific level. Then one would have to verify the results by drilling down to the right level in the interactive book. Not sure if this answers your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas for your response, I tried couple of options as you mentioned and it is not making any difference and I get the same error.