cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define the Version of Excel starting over the Business Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are running SAP BI 2004s. On my computer are two versions of Excel installed. Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. Actually over the Business Explorer I can only start Excel 2003. Is there a possibility to change this adjustment without deinstalling one version of Excel? I need both versions because of tests.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jörg,

another way of starting BEx analyzer is by running the XLA file directly out of Excel. Open up the 2003 version, and start this file (this is the default location):

"c:Program FilesSAPFrontEndBwBExAnalyzer.xla"

BTW - I use both versions of excel (2003 and 2007) with BEx, and both are running fine. Beware that you cannot save workbooks in xlsx format (new Excel 2007 open XML format) and then save them in the system yet (will be fixed in the upcoming support stack I believe). For that reason, I typically would save the workbook by using Office 2003, and then when I return to it, I can use either 2003 or 2007

good luck

Pasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know, if you can select the versions for the Bex. But if you install the sapgui 7.10, you need at least the Excel 2003 SP3.

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed SAP Logon 710 and on my computer Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 are installed. For different tests sometimes Excel 2003 must be over the Business Explorer started and sometimes Excel 2007. Actually only Excel 2003 is started. Only when I deinstall Excel 2003, Excel 2007 is started.

So I search a solution to change the version of excel which is started of the business explorer.

Thanks.