Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plant - Replicate PO to backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on SRM 5.0.

I've created a new plant in the R3 backend and linked it to a BP in SRM.

It has its own purchasing organisation number.

I've created the organisational unit in PPOMA_BBP and added the new company code, locations etc to the extended attritube.

This new plant is in the same R3 backend as our existing company and our existing purchasing org in SRM will be purchasing on behalf of this new company.

The shopping cart goes into the purchasers worklist & I am able to create the order. On check it verifies that the order is correct and be ordered. However after approval the PO for the new company goes into error in process with the following message in webadmin:

'Company Code Xxxx not defined for purchasing organisation Xxxx"

'Purchasing organisation Xxx not responsible for plant Xxxx"

Why is it giving this error?

Is there any additional config that needs to be done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I've set the new purchasing organisation and i've linked the purchasing organisation to the new purchasing org number in R3.

However when I copy the buyer and assign them to new purchasing organisation, it tells me the purchasing group is already assigned,

We have not maintained new purchasing groups for the new purchasing org in R3 why do we have to do it in R3?

Also is there any other config that needs to be changed i.e material groups etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keith,

I agree with you there, I've set up the new purchasing group node and assigned its purchasing organisation to the purch org in the backend.

However it requesting a purchasing group to be assigned to the buyer.

Will the purch groups be different in the backend as it is not allwoing me to enter one for the org ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the buyer not sitting within the new purchasing group node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes the config in the R3 backend is correct. The new plant has been set up and has been assigned to its own new purchasing organisation number.

Is it possible to now link this new purchasing org number to our existing purchasing group in SRM?

I've checked and it seems that you can assign only one purch organisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your purchasing structure you'll need to create a new purchasing org node.

You then add the function of Purch Org and link it to the correct backend / POrg number.

You then create purchasing groups below this node.

Keith

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Keith said, you have to maintain a correct configuration in the ECC backend especially :

- to link Porg to company code

- to link plant to Porg

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to ensure that the Enterprise Structure within R/3 has been maintained correctly.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<b>Please go through the links below, which will definitely help -></b>

<u>Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul