cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing and Control Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi........

Is there any link or connection between Routing and Control Cycle?...........if there is connection then what are the parameter that are interlinked?.......

thanks in advance

regards

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are indirecly linked may be to direct the materials to be used in operations.

Because workcenters in routing are linked to Supply areas which is infact mention in the control cycle.

So, if a routing contains operation 10 using workcenter which has supply area FT01. This is mentioned in the control cycle of material and hence when a PO is created for a material whose BOM contains this material, it is finally driven to this Supply area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.........

thanks for your reply............the scenario is much more clear now....

1 more querry.......

i have to define kanban in my production process.....i found 2 way to define control cycle for kanban. i.e. we can define no. of kanban in kanban control cycle in tcode 'PK01' and also in control cycle tcode 'LPK1'........

what is the exact difference between this 2 tcode???.......

thanks in advance....

regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello nilesh,

the only difference is u create control cycles for KANBAN matls that are warehouse managed thru LPK1,else u create using PK01 or PKMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is correct that there are 2 ways of creating control cycles for materials.

One is thru Kanban way and the other is regular WM way of control cycles.Here for WM control cycles again, it is just the way of driving materials to particular supply area while in kanban, the control cycle is driven with kanban signals.

If you want to define Kanban, you need to identify first what way you would want the replenishment to occur.

There are two options, classic and even driven Kanban replenishment. In the former one, the replenishment is triggered thru kanban signal in kanban board and replenishment quantity is equal to what is mentioned in control cycle.

In a event driven kanban, replenishment is triggered the same way but the quanity of replenishment can differ.

Classic KANBAN:

Quantity of material (target quantity) that is specified for a kanban.

Event-driven KANBAN:

Proposed value for the quantity of material in a kanban that is used by the system when no order quantity is entered at a kanban signal.

AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Answers (0)