cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a data type in the XI Integration Builder from an Abap structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a way to generate a data type in the XI Integration Repository from a structure defined in Abap. The structure in casu is BBSEG which contains 333 fields and can be displayed with transaction SE11 in a mySAP ERP system. I would like to generate a .XSD or .DTD file from this structure so that I can upload it in the Integration Builder. So far I have not been able to find how to do this. Any help available out there?

Thanks,

Joël De Roos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

the following procedure might be helpful:

Define a dummy RFC module in your ABAP system with a parameter of type BBSEG. Import this RFC into the Integration Repository. Here you get a WSDL representation of the function module which you can download to your file system. Cut the schema out of the types-section of this WSDL. This should contain an xsd representation of BBSEG.

Greetings

Stephan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not need a table table type.Just declare internal table type BBSEG and import in the IR and it works.I guess you need to allot 10 more points for me..:)

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Your reply is very interesting, can explain how to import Internal table structure into IR?

I have almost 55 field with different data types in SRM abap structure I need to create a similar one in XI IR.

Thanks for in advance.

Thanks,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Unfortunately BBSEG is a structure for which there is no matching database table. There is a matching transparent database table BSEG which has almost the same structure as BBSEG but unfortunately almost is not good enough in this case.

Thanks anyway for your input. Next time your hint might come in useful. Points awarded.

Joë

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

you may try a different approach

if you strcture is a "table type"

open your database and check if you can

export a table (which is your table type - line type)

definition to XSD

I think it's more likely that you'll be able to

create export from your database then from sapgui

Regards,

michal