cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background task - takes 10 minutes to complete and go to the next step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have a custom Purchase order workflow and recently I added a task which is a background task. I have a method where I pass the PO number and get the release code from the method to the task. I have defined this standard task as Synchronous and Background. For some reason, when the workflow gets triggered, it comes to this step and sits for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, it goes to the next step. I checked all the jobs and scheduled one of the jobs(SWWERRE) to run every 3 minutes to see if that’s the problem, but didn’t work. Any suggestions please? I have this job SWWCOND which is scheduled to run every 30 minutes. Not sure if this has anything but the Purchase req works fine.

I have a workflow for Purchase requisition and I have a similar task(Background) and that works just fine.

We are on ECC 6.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why use a Method put this stuff in an attribute that is better the value gets populated at runtime no need for method no issues:))). Call that method in the virtual attribute.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You seem to have "Requested start" turned on for the step.

A better solution would be to define a new virtual attribute on the business object but you need to create a subtype for BUS2012 and define it in there and code accordingly.

If you are familiar with ABAP Objects then a funtional method as per Jocelyn's blog <a href="/people/jocelyn.dart/blog/2006/12/19/using-functional-methods-in-workflows-and-tasks may also be helpful.