Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC status 51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have written an inbound idoc program to fill the segments in idoc BOMORD01. And used the FM "IDOC_INBOUND_SINGLE" to post the idoc. Actually this program will create a new BOM component in the sales order BOM.

I am getting the status 51 - which describes, Error when saving BOM.

Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem to post the idoc successfully.

Thanks in advance,

Vasu.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction WE02 will provide me info. Double click on the IDOc and expand the status records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOC status 51 means application document is not posted. It depends on the IDoc message type and assigned processing function if more information is available.

If it is well-programmed you can access the application log from the status record. This may tell you why the document could not be posted.

Take the partner of the idoc and go to we20 and find the process code, after that find the function module associated with that.

Go into the function module and check the code where exactly the error is populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

Check whether the inbound function module is being executed successfully or not.

If that is being executed successfully then you have to provide some additional code in the inbound program to forcibly make the status to 53 and save the status in data base after checking the SY-SUBRC = 0.

Like I have an exemple with the following code:

IF sy-subrc EQ 0.

• Idoc status records

idoc_status-docnum = idoc_contrl-docnum.

idoc_status-status = '53'.

idoc_status-uname = sy-uname.

idoc_status-repid = sy-repid.

idoc_status-msgty = sy-msgty.

APPEND idoc_status.

ENDIF.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Abhijit

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please goto --> WE05 and check the IDOC Number.

goto --> BD87 and reprocess the IDOC here with the same number.

it can post this IDOC.

Regards,

Sandeep Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..Idoc Status is 51 ..means app doc not posted ..it means that master data is not mainted in the reciver system ..

in the sense if a material is there 'MAT005' is not created in rec system ..

then the organisation data is not available to create ..

then the status is '51' ..

fine then ..alla the best ..