Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI or BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to upload huge number sales order data having line items as well. Also it shud capture error message if any.

Since the scope of data is large i was told not to use BAPI instead use BDC,since messages get capture will be more. Is it right? or shu i use BAPI only.

which one will be better for huge data

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BDC

use BDC you can send huge amount of data and you can also capture errors very easily

Rewar dif usefull

0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

But BAPI'S also captures messages through return parameters then hy not to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

BAPI IS THE BEST CHOICE . IF U GO FOR BDC PERFORMANCE WISE

IT WILL TAKE LONG TIME . BECAUSE IT WILL UPDATE THROUGH SCREEN.

BAPI IS THE BEST CHOICE .

BAPI RETURN WILL SUCCESS AS WELL AS ERROR MESSAGES.

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

BDC has a simpler approach to message handling if you use sessions and SM35.

BDC can be run in the background using SM35 after building a session, and the amount of time it takes to run becomes less of an issue, since the screens do not actually display.

BAPIs can be faster, but you have to handle the returned messages in your program, whereas with session BDC and SM35, this is automatically handled by the system, with a nice interface and the ability to rerun failed entries if corrections are made.

For instance, if an item failed because a material id did not exist, these will be marked as errors in SM35. You could update the material master after the data run, and then rerun the session using SM35 and it will reprocess failed entries. If you use the BAPI approach, you have to manage all of this yourself.

On the other hand, if you have used BAPIs before, you may have already developed a framework of your own for handling messages.

I've done it both ways.

Good luck

Brian