Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Using DP Information Item as alternative to Table Interface

Hi there

We have a query, and one of the columns in that query is LY Sales Variance.

The calculation for that column has been added in the query designer and works correctly on a detailed level.

In addition, conditions have been applied, to show the Top N Vendors per Division ... the condition also works fine.

The result of this is a report which shows the Top 3 vendors per division, and a number of columns. As mentioned, the LY Sales Variance calculates correctly on a detailed level, but (and here is the problem) not at a <b>results</b> level.

The <b>results</b> level (and overall result as well) calculation seems to perform the calculation without the condition applied.

I have been tasked with fixing this, so am thinking some clever JavaScript to run once the template has been rendered to calculate this. I would have thought it would make sense to read the data from the XML Dataprovider Information item, and am wondering if anyone has done something like this, and if there is any documentation available.

I am particularly interested in how the XML tree is read into JavaScript in the first place.

Or, am I barking up the wrong tree, and should I just be writing JavaScript to read the HTML table instead.

In the previous release of BW, this was all done using Table Interface class, and I am lead to believe that JavaScript must now be used in place of table interface class.

Any documentation on this or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question