Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to continue BDC in spite of warnings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all experts,

I have a problem in BDC. While performing BDC on MBST i get some warnings. Now I want to continue my BDC in spite of warnings but no OK_CODE is dispalyed after warning triggers.

Can any one give me solution for how BDC can be executed further ignoring warnings.

Reward for sure .

Thanks,

Madhura Nadgauda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Madhura,

I also had a simillar issue while doing BDC . I have copied the OK code for Enter after the warning message and the program was working well.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warning and information messages are skipped and handle automatically by the BDC. Your BDC is erroring for some other reason. Set mode to "A" and try to figure where it is stopping and why.

Also try setting update parameter as 'S'...if problem still exits.....

0 Kudos

HI

I am using mode 'A' and update 'S' while running two warnings come in between and there i have simply used ENTER while recording.

Now while writing BDC from recording even though ENTER ( /00 or /=ENTE) code is there, after first warning No OK CODE pops up... in A mode still we can do it by pressing ENTER but while doing it it in N MODE it is not exeuting...

How to pop up ok code as ENTER after waring arrives.

Thanks ,

Madhura Nadgauda

0 Kudos

Hi,

in mode 'N', the call is done in background and no screens are displayed.

all error messages are stored in internal table

if you want to stop on all screens where an error occurs , mode should be E

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far i think warnings should not stop ur bdc from running.

if a warning message comes just press 'ENTER' and ur bdc should proceed further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to copy the code for OK code in recording after the warning message appears.

so after the warning message these pasted ok code will skip the warnings.

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The display mode mode can take the following values:

'A' Display the screens

'E' Only display if an error occurs

'N' Do not display

so you will have to set your mode to E.

Regards.

rajasekhar_matukumalli3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

You must have noticed this warnings when you are executing your BDC online (Mode A). Try Executing the same in Background (Mode N). This should solve your problem.

Regards

Rajasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Madhura,

I also had a simillar issue while doing BDC . I have copied the OK code for Enter after the warning message and the program was working well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i you get any warning message, it will upload the data wen u run ur bdc program in foreground in append mode by pressing enter.

it wont upload wen u run the program in background and in error mode.( that particular warning record ).

check with ur function guy reason for the warning and avoid that waring, then only ur bdc runs in back ground.

regards

siva