cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve the type of iView?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would have a simple question, I have an ivew on my portal, but I am not able to find the type of this iview. I need the name of the iview template like WebDynpro, Transaction, BW, URL, Query ect.

Thanks,

Levente

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is, open iview properties and look for the property <b>Code Link</b>, it wil be grade out. Look for the entry in this property, you will get to know the type of an iview.

Regards,

Ameya

Message was edited by:

Ameya Pimpalgaonkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Thanks for your quick reply, I did the same, what you offered me, but I don't feel wiser myself. The current iView is a standard CRM MyTask, which suppose to display my task in the system. The code link is <i>com.sap.pct.crm.app.activitymanagement.MyTasks</i> but it says nothing for me,

<i>com.sap.pct.crm.app.activitymanagement.MyTeamOverdueActivities</i> has a same stucture. I am looking for the source template, because these standard iViews don't work on my portal.

If I don't see all the iView templates in the iView wizzard, how can I find them?

Best,

Levente

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What other thing you can do is, just right click on your iview --> select Delta Link Tracer, this will show you the exact type of your iview.

I gues this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delta Trace does not say the type of the iView.

Thank you for your note.

Levente

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to find the type of the iView from the code you can use the API which is described in the following document.

<https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6112ecb7-0a01-0010-ef90-941c70c9e401>

But I guess, you should be knowing the type of the iView using the Delta Link Tracer. Atleast I am able to see that.

Sudhir

Reward with points if useful

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delta link should show the typr of iview, you are ablr to see it? what are you getting? any error? what is happening with delta trace?

Regards,

Ameya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks for your reply.

Best

Levente

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get your answer?? if yes then please post how? because this will help any future issues.

Regards,

Ameya