cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application of SAP SD in Road Transport Corporations

Former Member
0 Kudos

With reference to the above cited subject, i want to know how far SAP is useful for transportaion companies like APSRTC,KSRTC and how to configure SD and on what basis.

Awaiting yr reply soon

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai this is swamy in sap they are givan agent option is there that will be better to use agent means that is the third party if we r using in export sending a metarila through train and ship we are creating a agnet like . In this senario we have to use instead of agent ksrt and apsrtc k

could u give feed back my mail id n.swamy_r@india.com

poorna_yalamanchili
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP will surely support well the Road transport..using the Transportation planning system it should work out well..

right from ticketing, inventory, customer service, online ordering of tickets and route planning, third-party vendors and including materials management for the purchasing, inventory planning etc, it would be a profitable move.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanthi,

Hope aware that SAP is support to all kind of Business.

Most important thing in Transportation Routes Plays a vitol role.

We can Implement Route Determination to APSRTC,KSRTC can also implement

other Scenarios also like Pricing, Discounts, Free of charge etc.,

Hope this Clarifies Your Doubts and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, as far I know this is an industry quite new for SAP. I know that SAP is investing in this sector and the offering also involves APO and SCM products not only ERP.

have a look to these links for more informations:

http://help.sap.com/content/bestpractices/industry/bestp_industry_lsp.htm

I also know that there is a Travel and Transportation enhancement package from ECC6 in Discrete Industries.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanthi

We can use Transportation Planning for APSRTC,KSRTC.

Regards