cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make sure which queue is used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm using a scenario in which sometimes messages may not be sent to thetarget systems. These are Idocs. I have configured the idoc communication channel to use outbound queues on XI.

Sometimes I want the messages queued at XI so the target system can run a job. What I do then is that I deregister the queue, so all messages will be stored. When I'm done it releases the messages.

Until now the XI system has used only queue XBTO1___0001 to send the messages to the target system. So I (de)register this queue. How do I know if this queue will always be used?

If I make it more general like XBT* then other messages for other systems might be stored too, and I don't want that.

How can I be specific, but not have the risk of changes in the queue?

And how do I know it will always be using this queue, or will I never be sure?

Cheers.

<i>* Will reward points for helpful answers.</i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Source a SAP system?

If yes, then in XI make an entry in the table IDXQUEUE and give a Queue Name here for the Source Port and Mestype combination.

All Idoc's from this SAP System will now use this particular Queue Name.

Does this solve your issue?

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using a scenario in which sometimes messages may not be sent to thetarget systems. These are Idocs. I have configured the idoc communication channel to use outbound queues on XI.

Sometimes I want the messages queued at XI so the target system can run a job. What I do then is that I deregister the queue, so all messages will be stored. When I'm done it releases the messages.

-- Go to transaction SXMB_ADM and click on Manage Queues. You can register / deregister selected queues uisng this TC.

Until now the XI system has used only queue XBTO1___0001 to send the messages to the target system. So I (de)register this queue. How do I know if this queue will always be used?

---You can set priority using TC : SMB_ADM -->Configure filter for queue priorirtization.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In queue prioritization you can select the queue name which it should take but you cannot specifically mention the queue name XBTO1___0001.

my view it is not possible to predefine the queue name exactly