Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add extra link to Go Shopping screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

SRM 4.0, server 5.0, standalone ITS.

Is there an easy way to add an extra transaction/link to the basic screen of SRM? I am thinking the template

bbpstart/99/bbpglobal_650.html

This is for example the first screen in my SRM, and I also need the function "Process Purchase order" to appear on this screen along with Go Shopping, Goods Receipt, Status etc.

Is the only way to do this by changing the web template through SE80?

Thanks for info.

BR

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple create a Z role for EMPLOYEE(copy the EMPLOYEE roles i.e. SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE/SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE) and then modify the menu for that role in transcn PFCG to accomodate the link for the transaction "Process Purchase order"(BBP_POC) in the central screen instead of the left hand side Menu.

To change the MENU for a particular role in tcode PFCG,refer the foll link for steps:

Related thread:

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

I have tried adding the transaction to the role itself, but this only gives me the BBP_POC in the left menu bar - not directly into the screen itself. I already have this BBP_POC in the role I am using, but it just not appears on the screen - only in the blue navigation bar...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow these steps:

--.Create a z Composite role for employee(Copy the std composite role for employee i.e SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE) say ZSAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE.

-->Then in this role include another single Z role( for this role,copy the std single role ie SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE),say ZSAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE1.

-->Now in PFCG tarscn for the comp z role ZSAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE,dont maintain any MENU i.e delete all teh std nodes which are copied.

-->Now in the single Z role ZSAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE1,under the MENU tab,include all the trasction codes which you want to see in the central frame of the screen.

This works in my system!!

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha.

I tried your solution step by step, but it didn't work. I only get Go Shopping, Status and GR in the welcome screen of SRM, and I also needed the Process Purchase Orders.

It seems from most of the answers here that this is a matter of changing the roles rather than changing the web templates - correct?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is definitely an role configuration point .

Nothing to do with template modification.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add the tcode(BBP_POC) for "PROCESS PURCHASE ORDER" in the single Z role??Please do so and then only add these Z roles to a user ID(after adding the tcode to the MENU in the Z role,regenerate the role as well as do the User comparision i.e. all the tabs in PFCG trasn should be green) and test.

For testing login again in the WEB.I have tested the settings mentioned in my previous thread and its working perfectly.Please re do all the steps again and try.

BR,

Disha.

<b>P.S. Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis

If you create a new role with the transaction does it not appear in the centre of the screen?

I know it does in SRM 5.0 but not sure and 4.0.

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>What is the purpose behind adding this new link ? What's the detailed business requirment in your case ? Is this is related to Catalog type of link functionality ?</b>

Which SRM version are you using ?

<u>Anyways, please go through the following pointers, which will guide -></u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul.

The reason for this should be, that the ordinary requesters will not have to cycle through the menu tree in the left side of SRM - when they log on to SRM, all of the central options are then available from the first screen.