Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where do I find the Web root folder?

This is my first attempt to build an xmii app.

I am using FrontPage but i do not understand where I have to look for my

templates.

Thanks

yuval

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

give url like this..

servername&port\wwwroot$ , give the usename and password to access the server location.

You can see ur templates here..
servername&port\lighthammer\Illuminator\Templates\UserTemplates

Regards,

Chinnadurai R

[Points r welcome]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Thanks for yr answer . Regrettably I do not understand the first part of your

answer. Do you I click this url in the browser? It it a path to access via Run?

2. I found the templates - thanks

3. I still do not understand how to constrcut a personal page using Frontpage

4. I integrated xMII into Frontpage but I do not know how to import the

templates I built? Do I have to start a new web project on the server?

5. Do they reside under Lighthammer or under ServletExect AS?

You assistance is highly applreciated. Points to follow

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To call a particular query template and display template that you have created in xMII from Front page, follow the procedure.

1.They can be called from the front page in the format of Applet. You type the Applet code directly or can also follow the next step.

2. In the xMII page, click on the Visualization services tab, and click on Dynamic page Generator under that.

3.Now in the right pane you can choose the query template and the corresponding display template and click on the Generate page button.

4.The corresponding page will get generated.

5.Now you can right click on that new page and selct the view source option.

6. It will contain the applet code which is similar to the following

<APPLET NAME="Untitled" CODEBASE="/Illuminator/Classes" CODE="iBrowser" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" WIDTH="640" HEIGHT="400" MAYSCRIPT>

<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="Training/Sowmiya/ibrowser_query">

<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="Training/Sowmiya/ibrowser_display">

</APPLET>

7.Just Take this Applet code and paste it in the Front page so that the page will be directly called from the Front page.

Hope this will be helpful to start with. Reward if Helpful.

Regards,

Sowmiya.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sowmiya,

You are assuming some previous xMII experience with your answer. Although what you typed can be followed without much effort, what happens when the requirement is for another object not of iBrowser type as your example below...as most people would just copy it and assume it would work.

Please take into consideration that we are trying to help people on a larger scale to FULLY understand what they are doing and not just get a small piece working then submit another post 5 minutes later on how to modify the applet.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmiya

1. Thank you for your detailed reply. This is what I did

2. Furthermore, the page I built was put in next to the original page generated

by xMII (in C:\Lighthammer).

3. But when I call the url

http://sapbc048/Lighthammer/yuval_index? Page=Generate+Page&Height=400&Width=640&QueryTemplate=UserObjects%2FMySpeed&DisplayTemplate=UserTemplates%2FMyView&Applet=iChart

it says the page cannot be found (error 404).

4. Should I have put it in wwwroot the IIS server directory?

Thanks

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. First u create that page with <i>IRPT</i> extension

2. Save that page in a folder (say IRPTYuval) in wwwroot

<b>(<Installation Drive>:\Inetpub\wwwroot\IRPTYuval)</b>

3. To see that page use this URL

http://<Server>/IRPTYuval/<YourPageName.irpt>;

0 Kudos

Yuval,

The explaination is outside the scope of this document because it is a consulting question. Goto the training class if you want to learn the product, this is not the right place to mooch consulting training.

-Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yuval,

Since your SDN profile is anonymous I can't tell who you work for or what your short and/or long term plans for xMII are, but attempts to learn the product through help documentation and this forum is not going to create a very deep understanding of the product and its capabilities. I also see from your other posts that you are a newbie to WebDynpro, not just xMII - have you considered attending some formal SAP Education courses to build a solid foundation in either or both of these products?

There is a Quick Start Guide found under the Getting Started section ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/index.htm ) that you should be able to utilize to build your first simple query/chart/page using xMII, but if you continue in the early pattern you've established of posting random questions for both 11.5 and 12.0 in this forum it will not provide you with a deep product understanding.

Since SAP xMII version 12.0 has not gone GA yet, I have to assume that you are either an anonymous SAP employee, or a customer/partner participating in the Ramp-Up program, since that is the only legal way that the software can be obtained at this point. Can you please elaborate at all on your situation?

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

I am Sap partner employee.

Currently we are studying xMII 11.5 to see if we can offer it to our clients.

I read the manual accompanying this product and find it a bit difficult to understand especially Frontpage output page generation.

By the way the link you provide is unreachable.

Thank you

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuval,

The easiest way for you to approach is to just take the xMII educational courses offered through SAP.

- TPMII1 & TPMII2

You will not have a chance to see the full capabilties of the xMII package simply by asking questions on a forum and expecting some free tutoring lessons on using it from the SDN.

For your clients' benefit I would hope you do pursue this path. There is much more to xMII than just a query or two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alin

Thank you fot your entlightening reply.

I think this is what I have I to do.

Still I fail to understand why the Getting Started/Quick Start Guide must be so

confusing....

Sincerely

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuval,

I've been told I am quiet the enlightening guy...

Not really sure why you find it confusing nor am i sure of your expertise. I can asure you that it was not designed to confuse people as this is the first time i've heard this assessment from anyone.

Like any new technology, some people get it and some just need a bit more help; which is why the educationl courses were designed in-house by the xMII experts to offert the most content for your dollar spent.

As for client engagements, you would need to explain architecture, positioning capabilties, etc! No quick start guide in this big wide web-enabled world will give you the knowledge for you to deliver this properly.

Since we are here to help our SAP partners achieve success, i caution you to take consideration of my suggestions so that future engagements become succesful engagements.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have access to the internet? The help document link I sent you works from my end, but if you go to http://help.sap.com and navigate to the xMII section under xApps you will see both 11.5 and 12.0 options. The Getting Started Guide is only in the 11.5 docs. ( http://help.sap.com/content/documentation/xapps/docu_xapps_mii.htm )

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where do I find the templetes I constructed in the first step?

Thanks

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuval,

Please use the many resources out there to learn about about building web pages, some javascript and some style sheets.

The source we commonly use is: http://www.w3schools.com/

Also, if you read the first post in this forum it tells you where to get general xMII help. This forum is aimed at helping the xMII community via techinical questions and road blocks encountered...NOT on how to help beginners get a clue about using xMII and FrontPage.

Go through the xMII help, the xMII Wiki, LEARN how to use it then post a problem when you can't figure out how to fix it or get it working.

Please don't take offense to my remarks as they are strictly for positive criticism to help you in your xMII efforts.