cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert a row in UDO of type document with document line using DIAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does somebody knows if there is a way to insert a new row in a UDO of type document and document lines using the DI API?

I tried it by using <i>oCompany.UserTables.Item( "PMX_DOC" )</i> but this was not working.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is is not possible to do insert/updates/deletes in a UDO using DIAPI.

If you want to add data to an own table using DIAPI then you have to create the table using SQL and do SQL statements on this table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create your own sql tables then update them into b1 thru ui into udo later on...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't we loose a lot of functionality when making GUI screens for our own SQL tables instead of using user defined objects of type document?

Like link buttons, use of the toolbar(new, first, previous, next, last), ... I think this is all possible but we have to write much more code then?

Regards,

Jeffrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to insert the row in a server process so it is not possible to use the UIAPI.

I wanted to do it by writing SQL statements to do the insert/update/deletes but it seems that we are not allowed to do this if you want to certify your addon. Does somebody knows how we can get an addon certified but also updating our own UDO using DIAPI?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not possible, you must use the UIAPI