cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping fiscal year/ period to 0BILL_DATE at query level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

There are two existing reports which are based on two different infoproviders.

In one cube 0fiscper is mapped to 0BILL_DATE and another cube 0fiscper is mapped to 0CREATEDON.

Fiscalyear variant is : V3 ( Apr - Mar )

There is one debit memo request in R/3 , in which " Created on " date is 01.10.2007 comes in Fiscal year/period ( 007.2007 ) and " Billing date " field is 28.09.2007 comes in Fiscal year/period ( 006.2007 ).

when user execute these reports , obviously same information abt this document fall in different fiscal periods because of the mapping at cube level.

Users want me to change one report in which fiscal year ./ period should also refer to " Billing date " so both reports shows the doc information in same period.

If i change this at cube level will effect too many other queries depending on this cube.

How can i achieve this at query level?

please advise..

Regards,

SRIKANTH

Message was edited by:

KANTH SRI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a variable with replacement path processing type where you take Bill_NUM for fiscal year period and this variable you can use only for this query....It could be a formula variable you are using only for this query

Regards

N Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Could you please explain in some more detail.

( In the cube 0FISCPER is mapped to 0CREATEDON but in the report based on this cube , when user selects fiscalyear/period from variable screen , it should show values based 0BILL_DATE )

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

SRIKANTH

Message was edited by:

KANTH SRI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to divert the values for Fiscal period 0BILLdate,if it is mapped with Created on.

So you need to change the update rules and have to reupload.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for ur reply.

Yeah...I too think so , its not possible unless i chage my update rules...Can't i achieve this with Variable exit at query level?..

Any such possibility?...

Regards,

SRIKANTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can definitely do this at the query level!

1) create a variable on Fiscal Year/period

2) Restrict only the KF that is correct by this variable

3) Create a variable on the other time char you need (non user entry)

4) restrict the relevant KF by this date variable

5) create a user exit that passes the value entered for the fiscal year/period variable to the variable for the other time char

Now when the user runs the report they will effectively be seeing 2 KFs each restricted by a separate date characteristic

The only issue will be if the user wants to display a date field in the report which will result in misleading data.

If they need to see the data broken out by a time characteristic you could create a structure that has certain date buckets hard-coded based on the above variables.

If creating a user exit is too difficult (I don't know the code) you could just force the users to enter 2 dates on the selection screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anil garu,

How to show billing date wise reporting in 0sd_c03.

My client message "BW infocube to use invoice date to calculate the
selection criteria rather than creation date
"

can you please explain where to add map 0bill_date in updaterules because only vdhdr and vditm datasources have 0bill_date field.All the other datasources including billing datasources are mapped currently nwith ERDAT creation date but my user wants billing date/invoice date.

so please explain me ,if i change the erdat mapping with fkdat in header and item of billing will that meet my requirement.and it wont affect all other datasources and data in my cube.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible only if bothe these infoproviders have Bill_Date. If it is present in on the infoprovider then create query based on this otherwise you have to add this infoobject in the other infoprovider.

Regards

SSS