cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM: Language in JCo connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone knows where the language to create the key of the JCo connection is retrieved in FPM apps?

I explain:

The FPM app standard uses the "connectModel" method of xxfpm to create JCo connections for Fc components. Finally this calls to "connectModelInternal" of the "BackendConnections" customer component of xssutils.

Here a key for connection is generated which includes the language with:

if (rollAreaKey == null) {

rollAreaKey = "XSS_DEFAULT_ROLL_AREA";

}

// determine key for connection

// reuse a connection when using the same rollAreaKey, modelScope or same systamname, client, language, logontype, user

String systemIdentifier = WDSystemLandscape.getJCOClientConnection(model.getSystemName()).getSystemIdentifier();

String connectionKey = rollAreaKey + ':' + systemIdentifier + ':' + model.getModelScope().toString();

I don't have the WDSystemLandscape source code available at this moment so I cannot see what getSystemIdentifier method does to retrieve the language.

I need to know it because an FPM app I made is generating two different JCo connections because of the language and this generates an error due to global variable xss_adapter of the HRXSS_PER_MAC function group appears to not be initialized in some cases.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Gabriel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

I am also facing the same problem as you were . Please let me know if this issue was solved.

If so please can you give me the steps of resolution

Regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Yes it's solved.

The problem was simple:

There is one JCo adapter set for SAP standard components and a differente one, for custom components.

One of them was set to take as default language 'ES' not the logon language, so then the app is executed the standard components use logon language and the custom component use 'ES' language. So, when logon language is not 'ES' the error raises because two different JCo connections are generated.

The solution was also very simple (if you have access to setup the JCo adapters which was not my case) you just have to setup every one to take logon language (this is I think to leave language null).

As I didn't manage Jco settings easily, I looked for an alternative solution, it was to edit (in navigator view under web dynpro perspective right click "open with"->"text editor") the .wdmodel file which defines my custom model to force it to use the same Jco connection as the standard models use. You can make a search for <Model.Settings> in the file of your custom model and an standard model and see the different Jco connections.

Hope this information could help you in some way, if you need more details just let me know.

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel

I really can't find the .wdmodel file...

where is it ?

0 Kudos

Thanks Gabriel

Regards,

Vinay